Saturday, September 7, 2013

Surprise! A Saturday post!

I had SO MUCH FUN participating in this month's Insecure Writer's Support Group!  This was my first formal run of it.  Between the new blogs I discovered and all the visits to my own blog here (and I loved comments/support, THANK YOU!) I am so thrilled!  Huzzah!

I shared a goal of mine for the month of September on the NaNoWirmo Forums.  A few goals, actually, and one of them was to post to the blog twice a week.  I want to keep this blog about my trek through the world of writing, but I must share the following personal info.

I am a Notre Dame fan.  HUGE fan.  Since I was 2 years old.  I kid you not.  Adam, the future husband, is a Michigan fan.  Today is the Day of Reckoning in our house.  Two teams enter.  One person sleeps on the couch.

Having shared that, I am a few beers in.  That's happening.

On to writing!

So I had mentioned I found a "method" of novel planning that from reading it over, seems to fit with how I operate.  Rachel Aaron's post on how how she plots a novel in 5 steps really turned me on *giggle* to this approach.  I found it very similar to Randy Ingermanson's Snowflake Method.  Basically, you start from a short statement on what your novel is, and build from there.  I personally preferred Rachel's method over Randy's, but again, they're both a bit similar.  In my mind at least.

I appreciated the concept of Story Bibles, but it almost seemed that putting one of those together was just as much work, if not more, as writing the novel to begin with.

The Unofficial NaNoWirMo Resource Binder has TONS of info.  Overwhelming at first.  After pillaging through it, I did find some great info (the Snowflake Method being one of them).  I highly recommend it, whether you are participating in NaNo this year or not.

On that note.....

FOOTBALL!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment