Saturday, January 11, 2014

First world problems: WTF to blog about?

I figured out why I can't decide what to blog about, which is why this is a post that I typed and posted immediately and didn't schedule ahead of time.

I don't know what the hell to blog about.  I want to blog.  For what I want to do, I need to blog.  But for the past 20 minutes I stared at my Blogger screen.  Even now I'm hopping around tabs in Chrome reading other things and putting this off.

I could easily blog about the kick-ass breakfast Adam made this morning, or share with you stories of morons who put their phone number out on the interwebz and wonder why I called them (what could possibly go wrong OH MY GOD MY PHONE WON'T STOP RINGING!), but I do want to have this blog stay in the realm of writing.  Not Dara's Shenanigans.

Could be a fun side blog, though.

I'm also already noticing that keeping a blog updated requires the same practice as getting my writing done.  Duh, it's writing.  I can only imagine the other things possible with my blog/online/social media presence as that grows.  Though ideally, by then, I'd be doing the writing thing full-time and not need a 40-hours a week gig.

So let's have a fun conversation in the comments below.

How do you decide on and/or come up with your blog post topics?

Right now, mine just sort of come to me.... which I don't want to rely on anymore.  Nor do I always want to be sharing what is mostly my "struggles" with getting started in writing.  Go Team Variety!


And Team Venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment