Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Countdown and last minute goals

Including today, I have 3 more planning days for NaNoWirMo.  I feel like I haven't even breached the main guts of my story in my pre-writing/planning.

You are wise to be thinking, "Well Dara, what the hell have you been doing?"

Not.  A.  Whole.  Lot.

I've seriously shut myself off from the world of writing, between avoiding my own blog, blogs I read, site and forums I visit, I just stopped.  I don't know why, it's not like I haven't had time.  And sure I've gone to my comfort zone of, "Let's play Age of Empires instead of writing."  But even worse, my head was having me clean the oven and reorganize the spare bedroom before sitting down with my notebook and writing.

Yes.  I cleaned the damn oven before writing.  No, it is not a fancy, self-cleaning oven.

You are wise to be thinking, ".... what the fuck, Dara!?"

After having a way-too-fun lunch with my close friend Angie, I got myself re-inspired.  My novel is kinda-sorta zombie-ish, as I've mentioned.  I shared with Angie the main story and other fun bits of what I have planned, and knowing the LOVES the undead/zombie genre, she nearly piddled in excitement.  After that,the last thing I wanted to do was go back to work for 4 hours.  I wanted to get back to pre-writing.

I need to be talking about my novel and the story ALL THE TIME.  That's what works for me.  The kinks that I need to plow through are the 8 hours at work where I can't really do that and an average of 7 to 8 hours of sleep.

So, 3 days left, two at this point.  A few things I have want to achieve...


  1. Be story-planning at least an hour for the next couple days.  This at least covers my lunch break OR right after work.
  2. Launch and share my NaNoWirMo Fundraising Page.  SHAMELESS PLUG!  If you would like, no, love to sponsor me, awesome!  And if you match my own donation of $50, you'll get a little batch of homemade, family recipe Christmas cookies!  For reals.  They rock.  They're my great-grandmother's cookies and I've mastered a few of them.  Moving on.
  3. Get fully caught up on the NaNo Forums.  I've been drifting in and out.  I get overwhelmed with the amount of new posts to track (and I'm not too fond with the removal of the "subscription/watching" for specific boards).  I do want to have this as a quick resource/time-killer and I just need to get down and familiar with it.


Just keep breathing.... just keep breathing....

1 comment:

  1. The NaNo forums overwhelm me, too. There's just so many of them! I usually limit myself to reading just the regional ones.

    Hope the first day's going well for you!

    ReplyDelete